Thursday, July 17, 2008

London Calling

I just bought a dress. It was £3 and beautiful and now I am getting veggie English breakfast at a cafe in Notting Hill, oh to be so posh. I could get used to this. I am alone today, wandering around London to find James' friend's store nearby, and it always feels great to explore a new city on my own. Understand the transit system, watch how people act, speak, all of their mannerisms.

I haven't taken my videocamera anywhere. For some reason this trip is just about writing, recording with my own eyes; I cannot rely on someone else's eyes. Whatever I observe I try to write down, though there is a delay since I cannot always take my notebook out to jot something down. Here goes nothing.

1 comment:

gittel said...

Remember to eat everything with your fork!!! Things to check out: portobello road (in nodding hill) they have a HUGE sunday flea market. Spitalfields it's an old area with some cool old churches and they also have a flea market where apparently you can find some awesome deals. Also check out the monument (at monument station heh) it's a lot of stairs to climb but nice views. Walks.com - more touristy things but a good way to get to know the area by going on walks of London.