Saturday, April 25, 2009

Leaving 223 13th street again

It's permanent. I'm actually doing something permanent, not in the usual sense. I fear the permanent, the static; it's a lot of adulthood to deal with. But this move is me letting go again, getting to a healthy point. I'll have new responsibilities on my plate, but no longer a landlord, I ain't no slumlord. I've been waiting and hoping for this moment for almost a year, a smile should be creeping over my face. I'm complacent.

Welcome to my apartment. I hope you enjoy it and wear it well like I did. I'm packing up almost any remnant of my experience and throwing out a lot of things I never thought I'd part with. It's better this way, live with less, grow in new surroundings.

Not poetic, methodical. I'm amazed by my friends who travel and leap from one place to the other, and I wish I could do it more. I miss you all right now: Luke, Lauren, Aurora, Connie, Janna, Amanda, Alex, Laura (both of you), Melissa (all of you), and time escapes me. I love reading your blogs, Lauren and I miss you a lot. I hope I see you all soon. Oh I will. I'm making this plan to do everything I can to be the friend I miss (don't be confused).

I was supposed to go to DC this weekend but packing takes precedence, so I'm in Brooklyn. I want to be done with this, I'm lazy yet determined yet thoughtful, how does this work? Sorry all, this is my babbling, I'm leaving my home drivel. There must be some morsel of intrigue in this entry. Do keep reading, though.

I care about you.

A cat comes into my room and my hunger is stifled briefly. I breathe deeply, look longingly at my notebook for respite, nothing there. Blank pages abound, I am on a mission. I will return.

No comments: