Monday, April 13, 2009

Countdown to Philly

On Friday night I'm heading on that Chinatown bus back down to Philly and you should come with me. I'm couchsurfing with Teresa, home of many comfortable couches and the most welcoming host I've met. We met at a UPenn college party where I taught Ross how to ride a bike.

Saturday night is the show that we worked very hard getting for Worst Case Ontario on their way back from playing the Launch Festival in Lancaster, PA. It's going to be at the Khyber in Old City, so please stop by if you are in the city that night.

Vacation will be such a sweet respite from a challenging week, another challenging week. No boyfriend on this trip, just girls, my band and Ross. Sometimes the bus relaxes me, so familiar. I know the right moment to call to say "I'm in town, when are you free?" I go through my phone and see who is philly, not like Facebook or CouchSurfing, but my own personal locator. I organize chat lists like this (by location). I have friends all over the world, even if their locations change, this method satisfies me.

Once I get into town, I walk through the city from one end to the other. Why oh why can't there be a good transit system? It's okay, I'd rather walk. I have a favorite bookstore and many restaurants and coffeehouses that I have yet to try. It's a liveable, comfortable city that I have been a frequent visitor of (used to call it my 2nd home city) since I met Ross and his friends in 2003.

I'm looking forward.

No comments: