Saturday, September 27, 2008

Faithful

Travel in the US is, well, very different. I'm all beached out, New Jersey-ed out, or even New Jersey beach-ed out. I have gone non-stop since I left DC again, which is good, bad, and exhausting. I felt like I was in limbo with intense ups and downs in my hometown. You remember what it's like in familiar geography but sights and sound have changed. No original radio stations remain from high school days, no associations with those close friends from the past, it colors everything I've seen there. New experiences in this city confuse me as I always think from the past when I'm in DC, my past. Good friends remain which I am fortunate to have. How have I known someone for over 15 years and still remain close?

Then I went to New Jersey again and spent money, the first time since I returned from Europe. With the money I have receieved for this trip to Arizona, I am now even for that trip.

With my monetary spending, I have to keep that in mind: faith. Gary taught me that term a few days ago in regards to some anxiety I had. I have faith in my next adventure. Always pushing forward, never regressing.

But screw Delta, seriously. I am writing as we take off from Atlanta, my short delayed layover. So much bustling around, southern accents and nothing helpful.

I find it harder to travel within the US, but I still am spirited along the way. More companions will emerge and I will go where I've always wanted.

1 comment:

Laura said...

15 years is not nearly long enough. You know it's easier to get to England than it is to get to Tucson. WTF is up with that?!