Saturday, February 19, 2011

Barcelona... one week later

The stone streets smile back at me as they give a beating to my tired but reliable boots.

I'm finally in the city I've been dreaming about for the past two years. I am living on a little street in the Borne area of Barcelona. I live with a few people; it's very l'auberge espagnole-ish on the outside. I live with a German girl who works for a non-profit and a male funk musician from the UK. We total a range of ages in the flat, but get along well.

Right now there is a lull and I am walking the streets at 2am. Men approach me to sell me single cans of beer, as drinking on the streets is done here.

I have a balcony in my room and I can look at the people as I hear a noise from the street.

Last night I had a dream there was a party in my building and tonight our next-door neighbors are certainly throwing something loud. In the dream there was bread and red wine flowing, and lots of folks teetering in and out. Neighbors and new friends were in attendance. It seems like the party is always there when I need it. Perhaps I need that tonight.

No comments: